I LIKE THEM, WHAT NEXT?
- Buy online or...
- Order a bespoke product; I can make a replica similar to one on my website, combine designs and finishes or make something completely unique.
- Please contact me with the reference number of the one(s) you like, detailing any specific requirements you may have.
- I will then arrange a consultation by email, phone or in person, where we can discuss style, finish, colour and any specific requirements. There is no obligation with a consultation.
- Upon placing an order a deposit will be required; full payment will be required before the item is dispatched.
HOW CAN DESIGNS BE ADAPTED?
- Hat base; a wool felt percher hat in a button or beret shape
- Colour of elastic; best match to hair colour
- Style of mount for headpieces: alice band, circular tiara band, comb, clip
- Type of finish: depending on the design I can use leather, paper, felt, suede, metal leaf with the veneer which can also be painted with acrylic, ink, glossy enamel etc. Please see the products pages for ideas and if is not shown- please ask!
- Colour matching: to make a perfect match, I require a swatch of fabric. If this isn’t possible then I can work from a paint card match.
- Type of gem: I use diamante studs which are available in many colour options and I can incorporate other types of beading if required.
- Size: perch hats will sit well on all sizes of head; the trim size can be altered if required
- Design: it could be a design you’ve seen on the website, an adapted version or a completely new style.
- Where it's worn: which part of your head you prefer to wear it and how it sits with your hairstyle.
HOW WILL YOU DESIGN MY HAT/HEADPIECE?
- I would always prefer to meet you at my studio where I have all my samples and materials to hand. Appointments can be arranged at your convenience. I appreciate that this has geographical restrictions so alternatively I can undertake a consultation by phone or email so that I can fully understand your requirements. If necessary, I will send you samples for your approval and sign off before going ahead with the order.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
- For items in stock please allow 3-5 working days.
- For items made to order, please allow 3 - 4 weeks from receipt of order and cheque.
- An express service is also available but please contact me before ordering so I can confirm your requirements.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- For an indication of cost, please visit the Hat and Headpiece pages of my site. Prices are given for the hats and headpieces shown.
- For variations in design, the price is based on the style and finishes used which will be discussed with you at every stage.
WHERE CAN I TRY THEM ON?
- Please contact me to arrange an appointment to try them on at my studio.
CAN YOU MAKE REPLICAS OF THE SAME DESIGN FOR MY BRIDESMAIDS?
- Duplicate pieces can be produced for bridesmaids, but as they are handmade please bear in mind that there may be very slight variations.
WHY IS MY HEADPIECE OR HAT DIFFERENT TO THE DESIGN SHOWN ONLINE?
- All my headwear is individually handmade so please bear in mind that there may be slight variations to those shown on the website.
WHAT IS THE DELIVERY CHARGE?
- Postage in the UK is £8.00. Parcels are sent by special delivery and are fully insured within the UK.
- Please ask for express delivery and overseas shipping costs.
WHAT IF THE ITEM IS UNSUITABLE WHEN I RECEIVE IT?
- I want you to be really happy with your hat or headpiece so if you are not completely satisfied, then please contact me within 24 hours of receipt.